Questions to Ask a Steamboat Springs Home Inspector
1. What type of licenses, certificates or designations do you hold?
2. What is the scope of your inspection? How detailed will the inspection be?
3. How many inspections do you do per year on properties like ours?
4. How long does the actual on-site inspection normally take?
5. Will you allow us to accompany you on the inspection?
6. What type of report will we receive?
7. Do you carry errors-and-omissions insurance or give any warranties/guarantees? Do you offer a home warranty policy?
8. How much does an inspection cost for a property like ours?
9. How quickly can we get it done?
10. Do you have a list of past customers and clients that we may call as referrals?
11. Are you a member of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors?
Browse Our Buying Resources
- Home Buying Guide
- Are You Ready to Buy?
- Do You Need an Agent?
- Prioritizing Your Needs as a Buyer
- Important Buyer Questions
- Local Service Providers
- Selecting a Contractor
- Resources & Regulations of Buying
- Home Warranties
- Closing Costs
- Characteristics of a Healthy Neighborhood
- Things Buyers Should Avoid
- Common Hidden Home Defects
- Questions to Ask the Home Inspector
- Buying a Condo
- Mistakes of Home Buyers
- How to Make a Great Offer
- The Final Walkthrough