Tips and Expectations for Home Sellers
- Don’t overprice your home. It will cost YOU money!
- Don’t be surprised if the first offer on your property is the best offer you receive.
- Don’t let your property sit on the market too long before significantly changing price (or it will get stale).
- Don’t think all real estate agents and companies are created equal...they are NOT. Find an agent/company with a great track record and proven home marketing system.
- Don’t list with a real estate agent just because they charge the least or the most. Look for the best VALUE. Consider the company’s track record with sellers & buyers.
- Don’t look just at the price the buyer offers. Analyze the total package including buyer qualifications, contingencies, closing dates, etc.
- Don’t forget buyers will shop around looking for the best buy. You compete with other sellers for your buyer’s attention.
- Don’t believe those who tell you newspaper ads sell homes. You need a COMPREHENSIVE marketing plan tailored to your property and your needs.
- Don’t make it difficult for agents and buyers to see your home. Buyers want to look at their convenience.
- Don’t overlook the value of MERCHANDISING your home... make it look its VERY BEST!
- Don’t forget that you control the pricing of your home, how it looks and the overall marketing plan. But the BUYERS control value. If buyers won’t pay your price, the house remains yours.
Browse Our Selling Resources