Getting to Know the Steamboat Real Estate Market »
Buyer's Resource Library »
Correct Steps Buyers Need to Take When Buying a Steamboat Springs Home
Are You a Ready Willing and Able Buyer? Critical Issues to Consider
Do You Need a Real Estate Agent? Questions To Ask Yourself
Prioritizing Your Needs as a Buyer
Important Questions A Buyer Should Ask an Agent
Service Providers You'll Want to Consider
Selecting a Steamboat Springs Contractor or Home Remodeler
Rules and Regulations Every Home Buyer Should Be Aware Of
Common Closing Costs
Characteristics of a Healthy Neighborhood
Simple Steps to Becoming a Smart Buyer
Getting "In Shape" to be a First Time Steamboat Homebuyer
What Not to Do as a Steamboat Springs Real Estate Buyer
6 Truths About Today's Marketplace
The Most Common Hidden Defects in Real Property
Questions to Ask a Steamboat Springs Home Inspector
Steamboat Springs Condo Considerations
How To Protect Yourself Against Unpleasant Surprises
The 5 Big Mistakes Most Home Buyers Make
Keys to Make You and Your Offer Look Great
The Final Walk-Thru
Financing Tips and Mortgage Calculator »
Moving Checklists »
Important Questions a Buyer Should Ask an Agent
1. Are you an Exclusive Buyer Agent or are you a Traditional Agent?
If he or she is an Exclusive Buyer Agent, then your search is over! You know they will have the ability to look out for your best interests throughout your entire search and purchase process, and the potential conflict-of-interest issue is totally eliminated!
2. If a Traditional Agent, will you treat me as a customer or a client?
3. What determines the difference?
4. If you have a listing that I want to buy, will you become a Transaction-Broker and change to treating me as a customer or will you hand me off to someone else in your office?
5. Will the person you hand me off to be a subordinate of yours?
6. Will you disclose confidential information to the seller if I buy one of your listings?
7. If I have to sign a Buyer Agency Agreement and you decide to change it to a Transaction-Broker relationship, can I terminate it and seek a broker who can represent me?
8. Does your agent appear trustworthy, caring and committed to helping you reach your goals?
9. Is he or she going to advocate for you or just play tour guide and do paperwork?