Important Questions a Buyer Should Ask an Agent
Your real estate success will depend a large part on the broker you retain. You’ll be divulging confidential information with your agent, so trust and confidence is fundamental. Before jumping in their car and looking at a property, ask a few good questions, so you know who you will be relying on for one of the biggest investments you’ll make.
- Do you specialize in any type of property?
- Do you represent more buyers or sellers?
- How many buyers are you working with?
- What type of properties are those buyers looking for?
- Do you prefer working with buyers as a Buyer’s Agent or Transaction-Broker?
- How many years have you been practicing real estate?
- How many annual transactions have you averaged over the last five years?
- If I sign a Buyer Agency Agreement and you want to change our agreement to a Transaction-Broker relationship, can I terminate it and seek a broker who can represent me?
- After the interview, does your agent appear trustworthy, caring, reliable and committed to helping you reach your goals?
- Will he / she advocate for you?
- Does he / she have the experience and knowledge you feel confident with?
Browse Our Buying Resources