What's Your Home Worth?
One of the most important aspects of my job as a listing agent is determining property value. With over three decades of real estate experience, I pride myself in accurately evaluating each property with its merits, shortcomings and how it stacks up against the competition. I'll provide you with an unbiased opinion of the property and set realistic expectations, for setting impractical aspirations will only lead to disappointment and cost my clients valuable time and money.
Step 1. You must be objective. Take off your seller’s hat and put on the hat of an impartial analyst. Look at your property through the eyes of the buyer.
Step 2. Look at the following general market data:
- The local, state and national economic picture with emphasis on employment and population growth
- Interest rates
- Housing supply/demand for the community and for your specific neighborhood
- How quickly are properties selling “Days on Market”
Step 3. Compare your property to comparable properties in these four categories to appraise how yours objectively stacks up:
- Current competitive listings
- Current competitive properties under contract or waiting to close
- Recent competitive “SOLDS” (past 24 months with special emphasis on the last 6 months)
- Properties that failed to sell in the past 12 months
If you are interested in a free property valuation, please complete the following form:
*Your information will not be shared with any other party.